Today’s topic: How can we confuse people, bore people, and/or generally cause them to disengage with our services?
1. Lots of what, and not much why;
2. Worship songs where the worship leader constantly deviates from the melody;
3. Lots of insider language;
4. Neglected facilities (particularly bathrooms);
5. “You had to be there” stories;
6. Cranky greeters and/or ushers;
7. Obsessing over minor details while ignoring major issues;
8. Lackadaisical/disengaged children’s staff.
An “others-focused” mindset goes a long way. Think of what you would want and how you would like to be treated – and do that.